- Gain a fresh and renewed confidence regarding the deeply relational ministry that one has with their major donors
- Implement practical action steps to upgrade your major donor program
- Create vital parts of a major donor program, such as your case for support, and fresh stories of transformation from your ministry
- Follow a stellar approach to networking that will increase the number of people you are in touch with for potential major gifts
- Develop new connections to colleagues who can stay in touch for mutual learning, networking, and encouragement
Major gift fundraising is a critical part of any nonprofit organization’s portfolio, yet securing major gifts requires wise planning and implementation. This module is designed to introduce simple yet important principles to illustrate the fundamentals of major gift fundraising. This includes the sacredness of the task, and the deeply relational playfulness and fun of this work. Participants will have ten weeks of interaction with fellow colleagues, while engaging in reading and discussions built around the concepts presented in each session. Upon completion of this module you will be able to implement creative strategies and tactics for a successful major donor program in your organization.
Requirements for Receiving Credit
Credit for the module will be determined on the following criteria:
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content
- Engage in all topic forum discussions for all five sessions
"Getting Naked," Patrick Lencioni
"Biblical Model of Development," article by Rich Haynie: To be provided in online module for Session Four.
"A Spirituality of Fundraising," Henri Nouwen
"The Third Conversion," R. Scott Rodin