- To explore effective training, strategy & design for employee development
- To explore how to create healthy workplace culture, team design and employee development programs
- To explore how to become an intentional learning organization
- To explore how to succeed at succession planning
Most nonprofit organizations don't pay enough attention to developing employees so that teams can reach the desired goals of the organization. Employee development is crucial not only for organizational effectiveness, but also for employee retention. It is vital for nonprofit organizations to create workplace cultures that increase staff engagement, adhere to strong team designs, and enact real world performance measures. Such cultures result in increased capacity and great work outcomes, while building an internal pipeline for succession. This module will acquaint you with successful practices for planning, designing and providing employee development. It also provides insight into the posistive impact that comes to a nonprofit workplace culture when its people are developed with direct mission outcomes and impact in mind.
Requirements for Receiving Credit
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content.
- Engage in all the topic forum discussions for all five sessions.
"The Leadership Pipeline: How to Build the Leadership Powered Company", by Ram Charan, Stephen Drotter & James Noel
"The Performance Pipeline: Getting the Right Performance at Every Level of Leadership", by Stephen Drotter