- Understand the specific components of a development strategy
- Increase the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of current development strategies
- Learn how to move from strategy to tactical planning
- Learn how to effectively implement a development plan
- Understand effective ways to measure and communicate results
Every development professional must be proficient in the essential skills and tools for effective development strategy and planning. This module is designed to provide the development professional with an understanding of the benefits and best practices of development strategy and planning. It explores the specific elements of strategy, and provides a guided process for evaluating an organization's current strategy. That includes a matrix and worksheet to evaluate and prioritize recommended changes to the strategy. You will also gain insight on specific steps for planning and execution that will directly enhance your organization's development initiatives. You will also learn how to measure and communicate results.
Requirements for Receiving Credit
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content
- Engage in all topic forum discussions for all five sessions
- Jeanne Bell, Jan Masaoka, Steve Zimmerman, 2010. Nonprofit Sustainability: Making Strategic Decisions for Financial Viability, San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass.
- Jim Collins, 2005. Good to Great and the Social Sectors, www.jimcollins.com.