- Learn the fundamentals of internal controls, policies and procedures that help a leader of a ministry to better steward its finances.
- Comprehend the budget and financial reporting process and how it is an integral part of financial stewardship.
- Review the significance of liability, employment laws and tax compliance in an organization and why the right counsel can be the difference maker.
- Understand why the stewardship of talent acquisition; employee performance management, team development, and leadership alignment are foundational for a Christ-centered organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of human resource administration, compensation, benefits, legal compliance, and the value of strong employee communications, engagement and satisfacton.
The module is designed to provide the leader of a nonprofit organization an executive-level view of what is required for the God-honoring stewardship of finance, tax, legal and people management and care. The attention to these foundational aspects of leading a ministry well is essential to establishing excellence and transparency. This module is required for all those participating in the CCNL program and is highly recommended for all executive directors, CEOs, COOs, CFOs and Human Resource Executives. (Two sessions in Financial Management; one session in Tax & Legal; two sessions in People Management & Care)
Requirements for Receiving Credit
Credit for the module will be determined on the following criteria:
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presenetation content.
- Engage in all the topic forum discussions for all five sessions.
All required resources will be available for download from within the module, once it begins.