- Understand that governance is an expression of godly stewardship, and confront assumptions about governance which conflict with that
- Examine how governance arises from the nature of God
- Discover the single most critical factor delineating effective versus ineffective governance
- Recognize common governance behaviors that contravene biblical teaching, and reduce governance effectiveness
- Know how to align your nonprofit, for profit or church board with a biblical perspective on governance
This module highlights the need for Christians to be agents of governance transformation in church and society. It explores the extensive governance education provided by God through the Bible. It offers specific instruction and wisdom that is relevant and applicable in both religious and secular governance contexts. An understanding of governance emerges as we view God’s Word from three vantage points: As a self-revelation by God about God; as direct instruction from God, and as the transmission of the pertinent experiences of others. You will experience a significant paradigm shift through these practical applications for current for profit, nonprofit and church governance. This module will increase the effectiveness and productivity of your organization.
Requirements for Receiving Credit
Credit for the module will be determined on the following criteria:
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content.
- Engage in all the topic forum discussions for all five sessions.