- To introduce non-accountants to the basic accounting information contained on the balance sheet and income statement of a nonprofit
- To provide participants with a better understanding of the requirements for recording financial information and certain limitations that may apply
- To help those outside the accounting department be aware of how and why information is processed by the controller or bookkeeper
- To offer a general understanding of the accounting role and function within a nonprofit organization
- To help leaders to best interact with the accounting function within their organizations
Every nonprofit leader should have a basic understanding of the accounting roles and responsibilities within that organization. This accounting principles module is designed to provide an overview of how accounting is done for a ministry and the requirements for presenting financial information for the primary account balances. It is a high level perspective that will allow individuals throughout an organization to obtain a general understanding of accounting information.
Requirements for Receiving Credit
Credit for the module will be determined on the following criteria:
- Successful completion and submission of five Reflection assignments demonstrating that the participant has read required resources and reviewed the presentation content
- Engage in all topic forum discussions for all five sessions
All required resources will be available for download from within the module, once it begins.